February 18, 2017

Flowers for Valentines


Valentines, as I have said before, is not really a holiday I really get into. But I have tried to make it fun the last several years. This year was exceptionally fun because Lucky Dragon was into it! We had a great time creating the Valentines for him to give out at Preschool. He loved shopping for some Valentine hearts for each of them and then he and Lady Hiva made heart sugar cookies together and he loves to bake. All of the measuring, following a recipe and watching how something comes out of nothing are all fascinating aspects of cooking for him.




We also found the wholesale flower places in Salt Lake City--we have found them in every other place we have lived in and were happy to find some here. Lucky Dragon loved the experience as much as we did. The first time we went he chose some purple daisies he wanted to put in his room and was so excited to have them there! This time he and Lady Hiva went to buy some flowers for me and he also chose some yellow Calla Lilies for his room and some Sunflowers for the kitchen.

I also bought some tulips for Lady Hiva (that were delivered a day late...brrrmp). So I went to buy some flowers to make an arrangement myself. I settled on Dogwoods because we both love them from being in the DC area.

Lucky Dragon caught on and wanted to give a Valentine to his Little Koala Bear and was excited to find a Koala Bear stuffed animal to give her. He also told me we needed to go shop to by Pluba some chocolate too. When she and Kell came up they brought flowers too, so we now have an EXPLOSION of flowers in the house--doesn't take much in a tiny apartment! haha.








So I think he caught on to the idea of Valentines. All week he was wishing people "Happy Valentines Day" everywhere we went. I guess I am not surprised because he is so full of love, why not enjoy the day he can give it away?

No comments:

Post a Comment